Services -> Technical documentation -> Medical Devices ->
Based on the Ireland/Northern Ireland (NI) Protocol, valid as of 1 January, 2021, EU Regulation on Cosmetics (1223/2009) will continue to apply in NI.
On this basis, we can determine the following for the regulation of cosmetics in NI post-Brexit:
- Cosmetic products placed on the NI market after 1 January, 2021 must comply with EC Regulation 1223/2009 on cosmetics;
- Cosmetic products that are manufactured in NI and shipped to the EU, or vice versa, are not considered as imported products;
- Cosmetic products which are manufactured in GB and shipped to NI, or vice versa, are to be considered as imported products;
- Cosmetic products placed on the NI market must have an EU RP
- Cosmetic products placed on the NI market must be notified on the EU CPNP by the EU RP.
As a consequence of this arrangement, products can circulate freely on the island of Ireland, with the border being placed in the sea. Based on this, customs checks and tariffs will take place during the shipment of products from GB to the island of Ireland.